Welcome 2016! For my first post of the new year, I thought I’d post a sweet recipe for some easy chocolate chip cookies 🙂
You will need: (Makes 6-8)
90g caster sugar
150g self raising flour
1 egg/50ml milk
Chocolate chips (you can add your own variety here such as sultanas or dried fruit if you want a more healthier option!)
EQUIPMENT: Scales, baking tray, jug, mixing bowl, spoon, knife
- Weigh and put the flour and butter into a mixing bowl. Rub in the butter into the flour until it becomes like breadcrumbs.
- Add the sugar and chocolate chips/any other alternatives into the mixing bowl.
- If using an egg, crack it into a jug and mix with a fork or weigh out the milk.
- Gradually, add the egg/milk to the mixing bowl and use the knife to stir it together until it forms a soft dough. You may not need it all!
- Divide the dough into smaller balls and put them onto a baking tray, leaving space for them to spread. Press each one down so they are slightly flat.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes or until they are golden brown at 180c, Gas Mark 6.
- Remove from the oven once they are ready and place them onto a cooling tray.
- Leave them to cool before eating them! 🙂
Thanks for reading, don’t forget to LIKE and FOLLOW if you enjoyed for more! 😀